You are searching about Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment, today we will share with you article about Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment is useful to you.
Tips, Strategies and Educational Resources for Parents During Social Distancing
Approximately 56.6 million students attended elementary and secondary school in the United States in 2019. With the current global pandemic of COVID-19, school districts across the country made the difficult decision to close schools and moving to online classes for public health and safety concerns. Parents and caregivers have been tasked with taking a more active role in facilitating their children’s educational learning. Below are some educational tips, strategies and resources for parents.
1. Ensure that the student participates in all required online activities, including instructional time and any additional online chat participation.
2. Talk to teachers about your child’s academic progress, including homework completion, projects, and test scores.
3. Parents are encouraged to supplement their children’s learning with additional academic enrichment activities such as educational websites, home science projects, or fun learning games.
4. Parents should make sure to create a learning environment at home to help their child focus, including having a quiet place away from distractions, routine homework and study time and learning materials such as a computer/laptop, textbooks, etc.
5. For students receiving exceptional student education services (ESE), who are under an IEP or a 504 plan, they should follow up with the school counselor or school psychologist to determine if there are any pending updates or meetings needed before the end of the school year.
6. If your child underwent a psychoeducational evaluation to determine special education services, follow up with school personnel to obtain a status report and to see if the school psychologist may be testing during the summer.
7. If your child was unable to begin his evaluation before school closed, discuss with school staff whether it is possible for your child to have a private psychoeducational evaluation if you are very concerned about the possible delay in ‘beginning of school. next year Please note that a private psychoeducational assessment may be at your own expense and that the school does not have to accept the results or recommendations. Also, if sent to school, it becomes part of your child’s education record. Please consider all of the above before spending hundreds of dollars for a private appraisal.
8. If you wish to take a private psychoeducational assessment, consider a more affordable alternative of taking the assessment at a nearby university that has a university clinic with graduate students who can complete the test under the supervision of a licensed clinical psychologist. or certified school psychologist.
9. Students completing their senior year and planning to attend college in the fall should contact their selected college/university to determine if classes will begin on time as noted above .
10. Graduate students already admitted to the university for the 2020-2021 academic year should track their financial aid status, including any grants, scholarships, or GI bill disbursements.
Abcmouse: Subscription-based digital education program for 2-8 year olds.
BrainPOP- Animated educational sites for kids
Discovery Education: Standards-Based Digital Curriculum Resources for K-12 Classrooms Worldwide
Funbrain – Online Educational Games for Kids
Khan Academy – Offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard for self-paced learning
PhET Simulations – Offers free interactive math and science simulations
Scholastic – Offers books, literacy resources and educational solutions for children
Scistarter – Connects people with citizen science projects, scientists and resources
Starfall: Educational reading, phonics, and math games and activities for preschoolers through 2nd grade
Tutor.com/military- The program offers 24/7 online on-demand academic support in more than 100 subjects for grades K-12. Now available at no cost to any adult or child of a Department of Defense civilian or active duty, National Guard, Reserve, or Wounded Warrior military family.
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)-studentaid.gov
FastWeb – Online College Scholarship Search Provider
“20 Tips for Applying for a College Scholarship,” Felecia D. Sheffield, PhD, EzineArticles.com
“Minimizing Summer Learning Loss: 5 Tips for Parents,” Felecia D. Sheffield and Shameeka T. Meredith, ezinerarticles.com
Parent Center Hub, Parent Information and Resource Center: “All About the IEP”
Parent Center Hub, Parent Information and Resource Center: “Developing Your Child’s IEP”
US Department of Education, “A Guide to the Individualized Education Program”
Greatschools.org “Parent’s Guide to Section 504 in Public Schools”
Additudemag.com “Is an IEP or a 504 Plan Better for Your Child? How to Decide”
Copyright © 2020 Felecia D. Sheffield. PhD, HSP All rights reserved worldwide in all media.
Video about Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment
You can see more content about Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment
If you have any questions about Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment
Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment
way Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment
tutorial Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment
Best Math Depts In The World Times Higher Ed Suppliment free
#Tips #Strategies #Educational #Resources #Parents #Social #Distancing